Sunday, September 19, 2010

Err...The Enemy Tank is...INDESTRUCTO

Physics is part of everyday life! It's present in video (and computer) games, in sports, EVEN in your bathroom! Wow that's a good idea...next blog post (next week) will probably have to do with physics in your bathroom. But ANYWAYS~ I have here a little video of INDESTRUCTO TANK 2!! Ok I haven't played this game in ages but when I thought about a good 2D game with physics involved, I could only think of this game. This recording shows a little bit about what we are learning in our physics class!

When the tank comes in contact with a missile or another vehicle, it is propelled into the air. As shown in the video (towards the end), when the tank is hit by a missile it is given an initial Y velocity and an initial X velocity. Cool huh XD. Well the X velocity remains the same throughout its flight (unless it comes in contact with another vehicle/force alternating its course) and the Y velocity changes (being affected by gravity).

So there you go. INDESTRUCTO TANK (google it if you want to play).

p.s. when the tank was hit in the video. I let go of my controls so that the only thing that affected the tank's motion path was gravity and other vehicles it bounced off of.

More to come next week ;)

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on your blog. I like the random comment about the bathroom in the beginning.

    Anyway, I like how you applied physics to a computer game. Very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i want to go try that game now. very cool how you put in the veloicty vectors in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Physics in the bathroom. Really Brian? Haha just kidding. Creative blog though, and I will beat you on the next physics test!!!!!

    ReplyDelete