Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rolly Thingies

So my mom's massage machine has these 4 rolly thingies under a cover to massage people. These four rolly thingies each have their own Rotational Kinetic Energy which is represented by RKE = 1/2 (I) (w^2). [where 'w' is omega in rad/s]. So anyways each of these rolly things have a pivot point in the center so the motion of each thing is similar to that of the motion of the rod with the axis going through the middle that we learned during class. Therefore, the equation used to solve for I ('I' is rotational inertia or how easy it is for the object to start spinning or stop spinning) is I = 1/12 (mass) (r^2). So anyways, things that spin have a rotational kinetic energy...


I wrote this blog while I was super sleepy so forgive me if it doesn't make any sense at all o.o I'm like soooo tired right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment