Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm Not Fat! I Just Have Alot of Force!

School, tennis, home, shower, homework...fall off chair....sleep. This is basically my daily routine. Okay, maybe not the falling off the chair part, but the majority of all that is repeated everyday. Well, let me start off at the very beginning. March 25, 2010 (or around that time =P) I moved from downtown Honolulu up to Hawaii Kai. My mother and I shoved all our belongings into a giant truck. Obviously, the chair I'm currently sitting on, the chair that I was trying to sit on when it died on me, was in that truck.

After unloading all my furniture, I wheeled my chair into my room. I didn't realize it was missing a screw that attached where my butt was supposed to sit, to the entire chair. Within the next month, I experienced my first fall. The screw was lying on the floor and I immediately screwed it back on with my hands.

Well now you know, screwing a screw with your hands in a vital spot where most of the force is taken to support your weight is not a good idea. The screw wasn't able to hold the amount of force I sat on the chair with which could be calculated with F = m*a. Or force is equal to the mass times the acceleration. Oh well, this concludes my 'embarrassing physics moments' :P hope you had fun reading.


More to come,
Brian

3 comments:

  1. great story (and poor chair) but try to relate to what we're currently learning in class. F=ma will come in due time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRiAN! hahah i like your titleee... :) and your story made me laugh cause i can totally see that happening XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, you are definitely not fat. But I do agree with the fact that you would be prone to an error like that. Hahaha just kidding. Nice physics blog.

    ReplyDelete